Wine/red wine

Hi David,
       I live in north east uk.I have a 75 cl bottle of Domaine du Grand Boisse 1989,Cotes De Bergerac.It was found in a barn when i was in france about 10 years ago.Is it worth keeping?Whats it worth? or shall i drink it?

Hi David,

I'm afraid this wouldn't fetch a high price if you were to sell it - assuming you could find an auction house willing to accept a entry of such a low potential sale value.

But '89 was a good vintage in much of France so I'd open it and hope for the best. (The prospects will be better if you've always kept it lying down in a cool dark place since returning from France as it's now rather old for what it is.)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.