Wine/1975 Bordeaux Cartier

Question
I have a bottle of 1975 Cartier Bordeaux.   It says on the label that it is a Monsieur Henri Selection.  It also has on the label product of France .  I've had it for some time in my basement and was wondering if it has any value and if it does how much would it be?  Thanks, for you input.  George Lynn

Answer
Hi Charlotte/George,

Sorry but 1975 wasn't a great year in Bordeaux, although the high tannins typical of it have helped some of the top wines to age better than expected. They are all past their best by now though.

'Monsieur Henri Selection' is the brand name used by Pepsico for their wine operations that are known better for wide availabilty and low prices than for quality.

Your bottle would be impossible to sell lawfully and thus is worthless I'm afraid.

David
.

Wine

David Ling