Wine/storage and spoilage

Question
What is the proper way to store wine? A couple of times it tasted nasty even before opening it.i heard dark still and sideways.So do i need to but something like a decanter, wine refeigerator etc.? What do you think? Ive seen a couple of conttaptionsi vould but but what gives?

Answer
Ned,
The proper way to store wine is lying down at a temperature of 53-58 F and 50% or higher humidity. There are many standard wine refrigerators available these days that will do the job in all sizes and prices ranges. To enjoy wine it helps to decant it and let breathe for 15-30 minutes for a young red wine, less time for older wines.  

Wine

Joshua Farrell