Wine/Is it drinkable now?

Question
1993 Bordeaux World Cup USA 94,
1993 Bordeaux World Cu  

I have a bottle of wine and I want to know is it drinkable or not. It is a 1993 Bordeaux World Cup USA 94, on the front of the bottle is the statue of liberty and it has World Cup USA 94. Under the statue of liberty is says BORDEAUX Appellation Bordeaux controlee ROUGE, on the back of the bottle is the statue of liberty and round the neck of the bottle is the stars and stripes. Thank you so much.

Answer
Hi Khetpapol,

I'm afraid the chances of pleasure from this after so long arn't very high as AC Bordeaux is the lowest quality grade, used to indicate that the wine was made somewhere in the Bordeaux region but not stating where or what grapes were used.

I think your bottle probably originated as a marketing opportunity when someone hoped to appeal to football fans with a commemorative label, rather than wine enthusiasts.

You won't run any risk if you decide to open it as it would be impossible to sell so you have nothing to lose. But I'd be surprised if you wanted to finish the bottle.

Sorry!

David
.  

Wine

David Ling