Wine/Found old wine and spirts

I have recently found various wines and spirts in my father's home he said he was collecting them in his garage, not near a heater or anything and I don't know if they are worth any thing and if I can sell them any where? I know they may be a lot or if you could give me advise where I can see who is interested in buying these bottles. You don t have to tell me each one just advise on what do to with them. I live near San Francisco Ca Here is the list of what I found:

Cuvee Don Perignon : three 1971, one 1971 and one 1982
Chateu Palmer: three 1985
Pouilly-Fuisee Lous Jadot 2 from 1986 one from 1989, white wine.
Have also variouse ones from Montrose
Carbernet Savignon, North Coast Louis M. Martini, 1985
Carbernet Sauvignon Louis M. Martini 1973
Sterling Vineyards Merlot 1985
Prego Carberbet Savignon 1988
FOund more champagne Taittinger
Cordon Rouge
Piper-Heidsieck Brut
GH Mumm extra dry champagne

Thank you so much for you time!!

Hi Jennifer,

It probably wasn't a very good idea to store these in a garage as the seasonal temperature variation in CA may have shortened their lives. But the DP's, Palmers and Montroses, at least, deserve professional appraisal as they MIGHT still have significant value if the bottles are pristine in terms of colors, levels, labels and capsules.

I suggest you ask Wine Commune ( if they'd be willing to look at them as potential entries into their on-line auction system.

Good luck!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.