Wine/Champagnes

Question
Paul, I would appreciate a valuation on the 3 bottles of Dom perignon and Bollinger champagne that I have been gifted and a bottle of Graves BordeauxRed which I picked up approx. 15 years ago - many thanks
1995 Vintage Dom Perignon (Un boxed)
1993 Vintage Dom Perignon (Boxed)
1999 Bollinger Le Grande Annee (Boxed)
Graves Bordeaux Chateau Plantat 1997 (Un Boxed)

many thanks

Answer
Hi Wayne

The bubbles are quite good.  In the US the 1995 Perignon sells for around $250, and the 1993 for closer to $300. The Bollinger is less pricey, at about $125.
But these are full retail prices in the US.  I suspect value would be lower in the UK...and a private collector will never see the full retail value.  You'll have to work through an auction house or retailer, and they will take a significant commission.

You might end up with about 60~70% of the value, if you are lucky.

The Chateau Plantat is not a top property,  and 1997 is quite a weak year in Bordeaux.  I wouldn't expect that wine to be of interest to collectors, and it won't have much value on the market.

Hope that helps?
Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner