Wine/Port valuation please

Question
We have two bottles of Taylors Quinta de Vargellas 1967 vintage port, bottled in Oporto in 1970 by Taylor, Fladgate and Yeatman, (we did have 3 bottles but just opened one to drink...it is delicious!).  We live in the Cambridge area of the UK, can you please confirm what the value would be of the port (it has been well stored).

Thank you

Katie

Answer
Hi Katie,

These could be replaced from a UK merchant for £75 each, plus VAT and delivery.

If you have it in mind to sell, I think you could hope for auction bids in the £50/70 range via a specialist such as J Straker Chadwick (http://www.strakerchadwick.co.uk/) who might be willing to appraise the bottles when they have someone in your area.

Don't forget to allow for their commission.

David
.

Wine

David Ling