Wine/tolleys centenary rumporte

Question
should I hold on to it or drink it is 1874 to 1974 still sealed with cork is it worth any thing

Answer
Hi Adam

The high levels of alcohol and sugar in this wine might well have preserved it until now.  But it wasn't really meant to be aged for this long--so it's a bit of a crapshoot.

I doubt that it would be worth more than about $50 or so....but it still might be pretty darn delicious.  I would just open it up and see what it's like, and have a back up bottle on hand.

The sugar will be a bit caramelized, so the flavors will be more complex, but less fruity.

Should be fun!

Hope that helps

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner