Wine/value of 1983 les douelles bordeaux

I live in Dana Point, California. Tonight I was presented with a gift of a bottle of Les Douelles Bordeaux 1983 wine, a Monsieur Henri Selection. Any idea of what this bottle might be worth? I have owned a deli in Dana Point for 26 years called Tutor and Spunky's. A grateful customer presented me with this bottle.

Tom Blake

That wine is good petite chateaux Bordeaux from a good not great vintage. It's a wine that ideally should have been consumed 10 or more years ago. If it's been perfectly stored it's possible that it still has some character. On release it may have cost $5-10. Value-wise now, if you could ever find it in pristine condition it might get a bid of $20 -$40 at auction. Don't wait to drink it.

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.