Wine/1982 Chateau Haut Cadet Saint Emilion Grand Cru

Hello, David.

The above mentioned wine was served my wedding in 1987. We set several bottles aside, the last of which was consumed on our 25th. I'm no expert, but our bottle aged very well - I hope as well as our marriage! In searching for this wine, I stumbled across this question asked to you in 2008:

I would be interested in contacting that fellow (Chris) if it were possible. If so, you have my permission to forward this query to him with my contact information.

Kind regards, and I hope I am not trespassing the boundaries of your generous gift of expertise,

David Romaine
Darien, Illinois, USA

Hi David,

I'm sorry but the AllExperts system keeps email addresses private so I can't forward your enquiry to Chris.

But I've published your question in the hope that he'll see it and respond by adding to this answer.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed the wine.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.