Wine/Angelo Papagni Wine

Question
Ol Blue Eyes
Ol Blue Eyes  
Hi Paul,

I have two bottles of Ol' Blue Eyes wine. Here is the description card that came with the gift box set. I used to work at the winery that Angelo owned. This was long after the visit from Frank and the bottling. I had a co-worker that worked there at the time and he gave me the gift box set. I have had it ever since. The story goes that Frank ordered this for Reagan's Presidential race kick off party. I don't know for sure, I wish I did. I am looking for a value or I might just drink it.

Cheers,

James

Answer
HI James

This wine was a fun project, but it was never intended to be aged this long.  The Alicante Bouchet will have lost most of its color and the blend will now be a bit tired and faded.  

It won't hurt you to drink it, but it won't have much charm.  And I am sorry to say that it doesn't have much value on the auction market.

I wish I had better news for you--but I don't.  

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner