Wine/Bordeaux wines of 1982 and 1985.

Chateau Grande Versanne 1982
Chateau Grande Versann  

Chevalier Lascombes 1985
Chevalier Lascombes 19  
Hallo David,
I have a wooden  case with 3 bottles  of "Chateau Grande Versanne 1982", Bordeaux Superieur  750ml bottled for Alexis Lichine, and  3 bottles Alexis Lichine  "Chevalier Lascombes 1985", Bordeaux, 750 ml.  
Are they any good still? The case was kept in the shade with small temperature variations. Do they have any value other then table wine?
Thank you in advance for your time and your advise.

Hi Stavros,

I'm afraid "keeping in the shade" won't have been enough to ensure that these will have survived the high average temperatures in Greece - where temperature-controlled storage is essential for long keeping so I'd approach these with caution, even as table wine.

Grande Versanne is a fairly basic blend from Cerons, south of Bordeaux. It's from a famous vintage so may have been enjoyable up to around 1990 if stored in a cool place.

Chevallier Lascombes is the second wine of the classed growth Ch Lascombes and is thus in a different league. However, it is very old for an '85 from a property that wasn't on top form at the time.

I have no experience of selling wine in Greece but I'd be inclined to accept any offer you get.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.