Wine/Old monks port

Question
QUESTION: Hello,
My mother has benn having a clean out in her home and she has found a bottle of port in one of her wardrobes. It has the following on the label.
Adams Old Monks Port
Produce of Portugal
Old Ridge or Rich Tawnie
Matured in Wood
Aporto Lodge 5
There is then a circle with the following in it,
A4S23UGB
Any help with this will be great.
Many thanks in advance
Regards
Matthew

ANSWER: Can you please post clear pictures of the label, counterlabel and cork seal?

Substandardfullsizerender1
Substandardfullsizeren  

substandardfullsizerender2
substandardfullsizeren  
QUESTION: Hi Antonio,
As requested please see the attached images of the bottle.
Thanks in advance

Regards
Matt

Answer
OK, this is a Port with the brand of the distributor in the Brtish Isles, what we call a Buyers Own Brand. The company in question Grierson, Oldham and Adams, Ltd. seems to have been a major drinks trader from Dublin and with office in London, here established at NW10. They were still around in the 1960's but are now defunct.

His Port supplier is difficult to establish as usually these companies would switch suppliers according to the best deal they got every year. There were some that were faithful to one Port maker, but those were the exception.

As the label states old rich tawny, this was probably a blend of wines from different years, maybe not too old (6-10 years assumedly) and therefore, well past its time by now.  

Wine

Antonio Rocha Graša