Wine/Chateau Lynch Bages 1961

Hello David,
I just recently rediscovered this wine bottle that I have had stored in my basement for at least 40 years.  I honestly can't remember how I came to own it but my curiosity got the best of me and to my surprise it appears to be a valuable bottle- at least, according to sites on the internet.  The label includes,
Grand Vin
Chateau Lynch Bages
Grand Cru Classe
There is some damage to the cork cover that I will try to include in a picture.
Thanks for your interest,

Hi Tom,

This is a very fine wine and you're right to think it could be valuable. (See:

If you have it in mind to sell this after 40 years of neglect (!) I suggest you ask Wine commune ( to appraise it with a view to entering it into their auction system.

The damage to the capsule on your bottle may reduce its potential value but I still think you could hope for bids in the $250/400 range - assuming that WC are willing to accept a single bottle from the provenance you describe. (Don't forget to allow for sales commission.)

Regards and good luck!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.