Wine/Chateauneuf du Pape

Hello I have a magnum bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape 1995 Perrin & Fils in a wooden Perrin & Fils box. The label says
Chateauneuf du Pape
Appellation chateaueneuf du Pape conrrolee
Mis en bouteille par Perrin & Fils, Orange France

On the back there is info about the wine, then at the bottom it has 'Pierre & Perrin'

We have had this for several years laid flat. is it drinkable or worth selling
Many thanks

Hi Julie,

This would be very drinkable, given your good storage, and should easy to sell if you wish.

I think you could hope for bids in the order of £40 at auction so please come back telling me whereabouts you live and I'll see if I know a local auction house who might be able to help.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.