Wine/Pieroth wines 1974

Question
pieroth 1974
pieroth 1974  
Hi David,
I live on the south Coast of NSW Australia, I have inherited a large collection of wines with a large amount of the following: Ferdinand Pieroth 1974 Binger Schlofsberg Schwatzerchen .
I was wondering the value and drinkability>
Thank You
Regards
Miles Petty

Answer
Hi Miles,

I'm sorry but wines from the Pieroth party-plan selling organisation don't have much of a following among wine collectors so these may be difficult to sell - which means it's difficult to for me see significant value here. However, Langton's (https://www.langtons.com.au/) might accept them for one of their auctions.

And these are very old indeed for what they are so I doubt if you'd get much pleasure from drinking them.

I hope there are some better wines in this collection - don't hesitate to come back with a list if you'd like me to run an eye down it in case I can spot any gems.

David
.

PS: The photo didn't display for me the first time so I wasn't aware that these were TBAs. That may make a considerable difference to the value, notwithstanding the Pieroth source, so I suggest you ask Langton's about that.

D
.

Wine

David Ling