Wine/Red wine

Question
wine
wine  

wine
wine  
Hello again David,Can you please tell me something about this two wines,i can not find similar on the internet,Thank you very much.

Answer
Hi Serafin,

Ch Meynieu is a Medoc Cru Bourgeois made from Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot with some Cabernet Franc. It's a robust wine that tends to be rather tannic and thus benefits from some age in the bottle - especially in relatively light vintages such as 1976. However it is now well into decline and is too old for me to have any confidence that it would still be enjoyable.

Ch Cheval Noir is a reputable St Emilion that is relatively light and elegant in better vintages than the very hard and tannic !975. It's made from Merlot and Cabernet Franc.

This wine has no connection with the great Ch Cheval Blanc and is also some way past it's best.

Neither wine would be easy to sell I'm afraid, if that was in your mind.

David
.

Wine

David Ling