Wine/Sealed 1975 Mosel-Saar-Ruwer

Question
My boyfriend's grandmother recently passed away and left him a bottle of 1975 Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. We are trying to find out how much it's worth or if we should just crack it open and drink it. The bottle also says:
Piesporter Goldtropfchen Auslese
Qualitatswein Mit Pradikat
Amtliche Prufungsnummer 2 596 495 376
ERzeugerabfullung

An importation label says White Mosel Wine, 11% alcohol by vol., and was imported by Mitchell H. Schmidt Haddonfield N. J.

I'm not sure of the storing conditions at this moment.

Answer
Hi Cynthia

You should just drink--but be aware that it is probably well past its prime.   This was a charming wine when it was young---fresh and fruity, with a bit of sweetness to balance the acidity.  But over that past forty years the fruit will have died out, and what's left may not have much charm.  1975 was not a great vintage in Germany (1976 was much better) and most of these wines are now pretty much gone.

Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner