Wine/1928 J. lacerise champagne epernay extra brut

Question
found an old bottle of champagne in my in laws basement in Connecticut. Was wondering if it is any good at that age? Also if it is of some value. Was unable to find anything with the name Lacerise.

Answer
Hi J,

It is extremely unlikely that any Champagne will have survived this long so I wouldn't hold out much hope of pleasure if you were to open it, even though it is from an excellent vintage.

It would only be lawful for you to offer this for sale via a licenced merchant or auction house but I can see no possibility of one accepting a single bottle of this age so I'm afraid this is effectively worthless.

Sorry!

David
.  

Wine

David Ling