Wine/prasidenten gold

David back in 1997 i brought  my first Mercedes.  At that time Mercedes was giving away a bottle of Prasidenten as a gift.  I want to ask if this beautiful gold bottle or white sparkling wine  is still drinkerable now 18 years later L-Nr. 395 038 03.

Hi Thera,

I'm sorry but German Sekts like your bottle are made for drinking on release so this won't have kept as well as your car.

It won't do you any harm if you want to taste it to remind you of when you collected the car but I'd be amazed if you wanted to finish the bottle.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.