Wine/krug champagne

I am looking to sell 1 of 2 original in the box bottle of Krug champagne. I will sell the one I can get the most for.  The first is Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 1976 Krug Vintage Champagne 750ml unopened in the box.

Second is Cuvee Dom Perignon 1982 Krug Vintage Champagne 750ml unopened in the box

Also would like a recommendation how and where to sell being as I have no past experience in doing so.  Thank you

The Krug is the more valuable of the two worth perhaps up to $1000 if it's in pristine condition and the provenance is verifiable. When it comes to wines of that age how they have been stored is of extreme importance to any potential bidder or buyer. In your state laws are very strict,  it's not possible to sell wine as an individual. You would need to ship the bottle to an auction house or website out of state. Probably or would be the best way to go. You could also check out The Chicago Wine Company or Acker Merrall. Good luck

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.