Wine/Vintage Port

Question
What is the approx value of a bottle of Quinta do Noval 1970 vintage port and if appropriate via who/ what to sell?
The label says......This vintage port is the product of a single vineyard, the famous Quinta do Noval and is shipped by Quinta do Noval -Vinhos, S, A, R, L, Vila Nova de Gaia. It should be allowed to mature in bottle for some years, and carefully handled and and decanted a few hours before serving.  Bottled in 1972.

I am in the Midlands in the UK.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Answer
Hi Graham,

This is a fine example of a fine Port Vintage so you'd need to pay at least £80 plus VAT to replace it.

I'd expect a specialist wine auctioneer such as J Staker Chadwick's in Abergavenny (http://www.strakerchadwick.co.uk/) to achieve bids of that order if you decide to sell but don't forget to allow for their commission.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling