Wine/1988 Chateau Du Mignon, St Emilion Grand Cru

Question
I was given a bottle of 1988 Chateau Du Mignon, St Emilion Grand Cru - Baron S de Montfort. Its a numbered bottle - No 21199-5. It has been stored in a box in a cellar and looks in excellent condition. What value would this have?

Thanks and best regards,
Ines.

Answer
Ines,

It should have a value in the region of $20/30, it should still be drinkable but will need decanting first, the Grand Cru on the label does not mean a great deal in the St Emilion region, in other areas of France the words can mean a lot and the wines from Burgundy and the Main Bordeaux regions are worth a lot more if Grand Cru appears on the label.

Kind regards,

David Baines.

Wine valuer and Consultant to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset England U K .

Wine

David Baines