Wine/1988 Chateau Du Mignon, St Emilion Grand Cru

I was given a bottle of 1988 Chateau Du Mignon, St Emilion Grand Cru - Baron S de Montfort. Its a numbered bottle - No 21199-5. It has been stored in a box in a cellar and looks in excellent condition. What value would this have?

Thanks and best regards,

It should have a value in the region of $20/30, it should still be drinkable but will need decanting first, the Grand Cru on the label does not mean a great deal in the St Emilion region, in other areas of France the words can mean a lot and the wines from Burgundy and the Main Bordeaux regions are worth a lot more if Grand Cru appears on the label.

Kind regards,

David Baines.

Wine valuer and Consultant to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset England U K .

David Baines

I can answer any questions with regard to Wines of the world, Spirits and Liqueurs.

I am at present the Wines & Spirits Consultant/valuer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborn Dorset UK.

As above but in a retired mode.

I was an Expert with you until I had to stop because of ill health, I am now recovered and would like to continue.

I have a teaching Degree and am a WSET Wine Educator (retired) I am also a Fellow of The British Institute of Innkeeping (Retired and a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality (Retired)

Cert ED

Consultant / Vauer to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset UK, Lecturer at the City of Bath College Bath UK Training adviser to several Organisations in the S W UK.