Wine/Age and what is it worth

Port bottle
Port bottle  
Hi, I'm trying to find out how old a bottle of Personal Reserve Dona Antonia Ferreira Port is, and is it worth anything?
I cannot find a date on the bottle anywhere.
Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

It wouldn't be possible to date this bottle as it's a blend of several vintages that were aged in wood before bottling as a fine Tawny.

The makers enjoy a fine reputation for their Ports in this style so a replacement might cost around £20.

I suggest you enjoy it with Stilton or nuts over Christmas as I doubt if it would be worth selling it after the auctioneer's commission was deducted from the hammer price.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.