Wine/Christmas wine gift

Question
Hi, I was given a 1.5 liter 11% gold coloured bottle of wine by my sister and can't find anything on it.
She says that it's a few year old but I'd like to know wether I should open it at new year bin it.
The details on it are:

Hersteller D-RP 762038
Sekt Mild
SEKTKELLEREI PH & HCH. BAUM GMBH
D-55593 RÜDESHEIM
ART - NR 20694-6
Produced and bottled in Germany L-Nr 607/01

Any information greatly appreciated. Nice site by the way, been browsing for ages.

Alan.

Answer
Hi Alan,

Sekts are light sparkling wines that you might like to serve with canapés before a meal.

They aren't intended for long keeping so I hope it's survived the 'few years' your sister had it and I suggest you have something else on stand-by in case it's gone flat and developed unpleasant odours - but I wouldn't bin it without trying.

David
.

Wine

David Ling