Wine/price of wine

i have  1955 bottle of red wine  with seal around ,the name on it is
Bordeaux reserve MARMOT.....

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry but there is no lawful way you could sell this as no merchant or auction house would be interested in a single bottle of this age - unless it was a First Growth from professional storage. Thus this bottle is worthless I'm afraid.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.