Wine/Value of wine bottle

Question
Chianti wine bottle
Chianti wine bottle  

Chianti wine bottle
Chianti wine bottle  
Hello, I have 4 ft wine bottle. It is a snake curled up at bottom then extends strict up. It's a Chianti red wine. Has the name of Recondo. Sole importer Schenck USA Inc-Glenveiw, Ill. Says bottled in the zone of Production in red letters. By Cevin Pontevedra - Italia. I bought at antique store for $8.00 35 yrs ago. It's empty. Any value to this. Thanks, please let me know.

Answer
Hi Cheryl

These bottles were made as merchandising display bottles back in the 1960's to 1980's.  They're pretty cool, but they haven't actually done much in terms of appreciating in value.  I've see a few for sale for around $35, but I don't know if anyone bought that at that price.

That may be because the wineries made a lot of them...at one point I think every Italian restaurant in America had one. Now Chianti wants to be taken seriously as a wine region, and so their bottles are a lot less fun!  

Sorry I can't give you any better news than that.

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner