Wine/wine

Question
found a bottle of wine , lables very damaged , says republique francaise on top and on front of bottle just   cpj but letters over lapped , do we open and try or is it worth something , sorry there is nothing elsre on bottle , thankyou

Answer
Paul,

If the label is damaged to the extent that you cannot read it I suspect its not worth a great deal, however I personally would open decant and drink, you may have a pleasant surprise, you don't describe the shape of the bottle, if it has "shoulders" its likely to be a Bordeaux, if the Neck slopes down gently then it could be Burgundy or Rhone, whichever Definitely worth a try.

Kind regards,

David Baines Wine Consultant to Charterhouse Auctions Sherborne Dorset.  

Wine

David Baines