Wine/Benedictine

Question
Hi David,I have an unopened bottle of 1934 Dom Benedictine, I would like to know if it is of any value and if it would be drinkable many thanks.

Answer
Hi David,

This should certainly still be drinkable, assuming that a good level remains, but it will be rather different from recent bottlings as I'd expect much of the original spirit to have evaporated though the now-ancient cork to leave an intensely sweet liqueur.

(Many liqueur lovers rate old bottlings highly for that reason but others prefer the spirit dominance of recent ones.)

This is extremely difficult to value but it might be worth asking The Whisky Exchange (http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/) for their opinion as they specialise in old spirits.

David
.

Wine

David Ling