Wine/Champagne bottle

Hi there, I was given an unopened bottle of brut champagne made by epernay to commemorate the 1986 F A Cup final between Liverpool and Everton. It has these details on the label with both club crests, I live on the Wirral, any idea about its value?

Hi Peter,

It's always difficult to value commemorative bottles as they seldom come from major makers - and I can't see any producer's name on yours - and yours would only interest football fans after so long.

I suggest you contact and ask what catalogue value they'd suggest as a potential entry into one of their sales. Don't forget to allow for their commission - and don't expect a high bids!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.