Wine/Cresta Blanca Champange

Question
Cresta blanca
Cresta blanca  

cresta blanca
cresta blanca  
Hey Paul,
I have a bottle of Cresta Blanca Champagne. It was giving to my grandmother for her wedding so i know its at least 60 years old, at least. I have had a hard time finding information on it. can you help me? maybe the date it was made? or if it has any value to it?
I have more photos if you need.
Thanks for you time.

Nick

Answer
Hi Nick

Thanks for this question.  Let's start with the bad news first.  Even the best Champagnes  begin to show their age after twenty years or so, and this one is long past that point.  It will be tired, faded, with few bubbles and little charm.  As a result, it won't have any value to connoisseurs or collectors.  Sorry about that.

The old Cresta Blanca cellars were purchased by the a Wente family many years ago, and now house the Wente winery and some hospitality operations.  While sparkling wine isn't a major part of their business, they do make excellent wines and play a key role in the wune industry in California

I hope that helps.

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner