Wine/Le Piat d'or

Question
I've been drinking Le Piat d'or for a number of years because, to me, it has a very smooth taste.  But the last 2 bottles I purchased had a definite acidic taste.  Something I never noticed before.

Has the company changed anything, or were these bottles too old to consume.

Thanks

Answer
Hi Leo,

I suspect the bottles you bought recently came from a retailer's old stock as Pd'O is a brand of low-cost off-dry wine that's intended for drinking on release.

I'm not aware of any change in the production methods since the brand was relaunched around 2000 in an attempt to regain market share from Southern Hemisphere competition.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling