Wine/Wine Bottle

Wine Bottle
Wine Bottle  

I have a question about a wine bottle my granny bought roughly 40 years ago, but without any information about it.  i would appreciate it very much if you could provide me with any info. on it.
Thank you in advance

Hi Boris

I know these bottles well.  The wine inside is not really much to get excited about.  They were developed by a number of different producers in Europe, mainly Italy, as promotional items that were given to restaurants that agreed to carry the wines.

So there were thousands of these made, and the idea was that customers would see these bottles and be encouraged to order the wine off the list.

While they are really attractive and impressive, they haven't ever become collectible.  I see them from time to time on ebay for $25US....sometimes even less.

Hope that helps!

Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.