Wine/wine info

do you have any information re pedigree and value of:
Calvet, Chateau Gautier 1966
Valdeinfante 1997
Clos Saint-Georges Graves superieures 1990
Anciano Temperanillo 2003 Valdepenas aged 7 years
Altos de tameron 2007 Ribera del duero

Hi Chris,

I assume you mean Ch Gauthier? If so it's a Blaye thus not from the top rank of Bordeaux and is probably rather past its best by now even though 1966 was a very fine vintage.

Valdeinfante is a Vino De La Tierra De Extremadura - I.E. a quality Spanish wine at a level some way below Rioja. It should still be very drinkable if you've kept it lying down in cool dark place.

Graves Superieures are semi-sweet dessert wines at a level below Sauternes and their sugar content should have ensured that your bottle is still drinkable.

The other two are both Spanish and thus similar to the Valdeinfante.

There are no high-value wines here but you might hope for bids in the order of £20/30 for the lot if you were to offer them at a local wine auction. (Come back telling me whereabouts you are if you'd like me to see if I know anyone local to you who might be able to help.)

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.