Wine/Harveys Bristol Milk Sherry

I have a 1963 unopened bottle of Harveys Bristol Milk Sherry, this has always been stored in my parents kitchen cupboard in the UK.  Please could you tell me if this be of any value to any collectors whether that be in terms of the bottle or the contents?  I don't know much about this myself but would really appreciate any guidance.  Many thanks for your time.

Hi Anne,

This is a good-quality commercial Sherry but I don't think it's one that would interest collectors so it wouldn't be easy to sell. Besides which, this bottle is now very old and all wines should always be stored lying down in a cool dark place - not in a kitchen cupboard!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.