Wine/queen mary champagne

hi david, my partner has a bottle of queen mary champagne,purchased approximately 30 years ago. it has some minor damage on the label but she was wondering if you could give a rough estimate on what it may be worth!she has just shifted house and is unable to locate the bottle for a pic at this stage but if you believe it has some value im sure she will try harder to find it! thanks michael

Hi Michael,

Even without seeing the bottle, I'm pretty sure that your partner has a non-vintage BOB, or Buyer's Own Brand, of low-cost Champagne that was intended for drinking on release. Thus there is no possibilty that one that's had casual storage for 30 years will still be enjoyable or attract a buyer - so there's no need to search!

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.