Wine/Vintage Port 1963 (Alto Douro)

Question
Hi, I have a bottle of the above vintage port which has been in my family for many years.  I am interested to know if it has any value.  It is the produce of BORGES OPORTO, Portugal.  It is properly sealed with a number 649337 - above this number is B1 and below the number is 13.    I am in Nottingham.  Thank you

Answer
Hi Diane,

I'm very sorry to have to tell you that this Port has had some very negative reviews, despite the fame of the 1963 vintage.

Borges do not enjoy a high reputation among Port shippers and seldom achieve the ratings that even second-tier ones regularly enjoy so it's a name to avoid, I'm afraid.

I doubt if you'd find this bottle enjoyable to drink so I suggest you offer it for sale via Bid for Wine (http://www.bidforwine.co.uk/) and be happy with whatever bids it achieves.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

David
.

Wine

David Ling