I have abottle of 1973 G.H.MUMM Rene LALOU is it worth anything thank you.

Hi Joyce

This was a great bottle of wine, but it's unfortunately getting a bit old.  Even the very best Champagnes begin to show their age after 25 years, and this one is now past forty.  Even with perfect storage conditions at the winery, it would be a u questionable, and I am sure your house isn't quite as good.

It will be faded, with tired fruit, fading bubbles, and loss of color.  For all those reasons, it won't have much value to connoisseurs or collectors.  I wish I had better news for you.

It won't hurt you, but it won't have much charm.  I'd chill it down for a special occasion and hope for the best.  And I'd have a fresher bottle of something on hand as a back up.

Sorry I can't give you more exciting news
Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner

Wines of the world, wine a food matching, wine and food service questions. I currently teach Wine courses at Napa Valley College, am an international wine judge, written many articles for publication, and have been a guest speaker at way too many wine conferences to remember. 25 years in the business. With Liz Thach and Janeen Olsen, I authored the definitive book on wine marketing: Wine Marketing & Sales, Strategies for a Saturated Market by The Wine Appreciation Guild, which won the Gourmand International Award in 2008 for the best wine book for professionals! With Rick Kushman of Capital Public Radio, I host a radio show and podcast called Bottletalk at, where I answer questions about wine and food on the air.

30 years in the business.

Society of Wine Educators, Academy of Wine Communications, American Wine Society

Vineyard and Winery Management Magazine, Fine Wine Journal, les Amis du Vin Journal, Society of Wine Educators Journal, and more.

I have taught at Napa Valley College for the last twenty years.

Spanish National Wine Fair: A lifetime dedicated to wine award. Espaderino della Castelania di Soave in Italy.

Wineries include Caymus, Wente, Parducci, Shannon Ridge, Paul Dolan Wines, Vigilance, and others. Wine regions include the Union des Grand Crus de Borcdeaux, Union des Grands Crus de St. Emilion, Consorzio di Chianti CLassico, Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, Consorzio di Franciacorta, Rioja Alavesa, and others.