Wine/Valuation Champagne

Question
champagne
champagne  

champagne
champagne  
I have attached a photo of a bottle of champagne I wish to have valued. The cork is split and has been been covered over with cling film and sellotape.  About a quarter of the 36cl bottle has evaporated.
Many thanks
Liz

Answer
Hi Elizabeth,

This isn't Champagne, but a 1892 vintage Cognac from the Fine Champagne area, made possibly by the famous Cognac house of Rene Briand - although I can't be sure from the damaged label.

In perfect condition, this would attract very serious bidding at auction from collectors who would clamour to buy such a rarity. But sadly your's is far from perfect so I'd only be guessing if I suggested a figure.

I suggest you ask http://www.cognac-expert.com/ for their opinion and advice; you may find http://blog.cognac-expert.com/rene-briand-fine-champagne/ particularly interesting.

I'd be very interested to hear how you get on so please come back with any information you get.

David
.

Wine

David Ling