Wine/Vintage port an Clan Dew ( wine and whiskey)

Question
Hi David I live in the uk and have recently been given a bottle of Taylors late bottled vintage port dated 1979 and a very old looking bottle of Clan Dew ( not sure about date of this but could be from similar period) . Can you please let me know the value of these.

Kind Regards

Christine

Answer
Hi Christine,

You might get bids in the order of £30/40 for the LBV at auction if the bottle is in good condition regarding level, lable and capsule.

The Clan Dew is less valuable though as the whisky was used to fortify bulk 'British' (IE imported) wine to produce a so-called liqueur. It wouldn't be easy to sell, I'm afraid.

David
.  

Wine

David Ling