Wine/PRESENTATION WOOD BOX WITH WINE

Question
I have a hinged wooden box with Rothschild information imprinted on it. Two wine bottles in it (always stored on their side), one is a 1986 white Mouton Cadet Bordeaux and the other is a 1985 red Mouton Cadet Bordeaux, both 750 ml.
I live in southern California but the wine was purchased in Connecticut.
Any help with valuation would be appreciated.

Answer
Hi Tom,

I'm sorry but it's difficult to see significant value here as this gift set was intended for drinking on release - say before 1990.

I doubt if any auction house would accept it as the potential value would fall some way short of their thresholds so I'm afraid this is effectively worthless.

(The wines won't harm you if you want to try them for the experience but be prepared for them to be very tired and flat after this time - and I'd be astonished if you wanted to finish the white, in particular.)

Sorry!

David
.  

Wine

David Ling