Wine/Value of Port Wine

I have a bottle of Sandemans Partners Old Port from Porto Portugal with a LTD # 092095  I assume that it was bottled in 1953 based on the information on the bottom of the bottle (Bottle #..8a 753 1BA)
I would like to know if the bottle is valuable or not.

Thanks   Keith

Hi Keith,

This is Sandeman's premium Ruby Port, blended for optimum drinking on release so it may be some way into decline by now.

And given Canadian law, which makes private sale impossible and the low potential value at auction, it's difficult to see any value here.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.