Wine/1914 bottle of sherry

Question
Hi, I have a cream sherry reserve 1914  called Fandango from Flores Hermanos,Puerto De Santa Maria,
Produce of Spain. The bottle is sealed still. Is this worth keeping or drinking as I'm moving and having a clear out. Kind regards Sharon

Answer
Hi Sharon,

Cream Sherries are popular in the UK and tend to be sweeter than a classic Oloroso in the same price range. However, your bottle won't be from 1914 as it was blended under the solera system from with others dating back to that time. (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solera)

It's not a style I enjoy personally, but you may so I wouldn't thow it out; it might find a place in your kitchen anyway to liven-up a trifle or somesuch.

Good luck with your move!

David
.

Wine

David Ling