Wine/bottles

Question
3 bottles
3 bottles  

champagne
champagne  
I have a bottle Sevi chianti unopened, a bottle of chateau LaFayette champagne and a traveler fifth of old crow whiskey i was wanting to no how old the champagne is and how much they are worth?

Answer
Hi Patrick  

I am sorry to say that I don't have great news for you.  

In order, the Chianti is a wine that was never intended to be aged.  It was made to be consumed within months of when it was bottled, and is now far past its prime.  It won't have any value at all--which is why you see so many of these bottles converted to candle holders.

The Champagne in not from France.  It's a New York company that borrowed the name. It, too,  was made to be consumed within months of when it was bottled, and is now far past its prime.  It won't have any value on the auction market.  

The Old Crow may be a different story.  Distilled spirits like this are so high in alcohol that they don't change much, for better or for worse, the way some fine wines do.  While the bad news is that it won't have appreciated in value, the good news is that it is still perfectly good to drink. It's value is roughly what a current bottle is worth.

Hope that is of some solace to you.  Sorry that I can't give you more exciting news.

Paul Wagner

Wine

Paul Wagner