Wine/Fine Douro Port

I have a bottle of Five Douro Port from the 1927 Vintage. Top label base of neck says GENUINE PORT Imported from Portugal. The main label says FINE DOURO PORT, 2nd line - FIVE CROWN 3rd line-Port of the 1927 vintage 4th line-Grown only in the finest vineyard of the douro valley oporto 5th line- shipped by C.DA SILVA  alcoholic content 20% volume cont 1 pint 9 oz. level corked and back label intact as well states C.DA SILVA Oporto Portugal Imported & Distributed by Judge & Dolph ltd. Bottle and labels are above average condition. I am interested in putting it up for auction and am wondering what kind of value it has? Any information on this Port will be helpful. I have attached a few pictures along with this email.

Thank you for your time,

Can't tell from the pictures, because the bottle is very dark, what the fill is like on your bottle. That will be important to a potential bidder. It's not a great producer but it's a good vintage and very rare. If you can verify provenance (proper handling and storage storage conditions) it will be very advantageous. It could bring bids of $300 to $400 or perhaps more if it's verifiably pristine.  

Joshua Farrell

I can answer most any question about wine- types, styles, grape varieties, regions, vintages, proper storage, production, wine and food pairing, wine service, decanting, proper glassware, serving temperatures etc. Regarding questions about specific bottles of wine, since I live in the U.S. my focus is on wines imported here. I can't answer questions about spirits and liquor valuations.

I have over 20 years of experience. I was a wine buyer and sommelier in NYC for many years including 4 years at Windows on the World which was NY's number one wine restaurant. I created and taught a Wine Appreciation Course at Borough of Manhattan Community College. I have worked for the past 15 years for the Wine Enthusiast Cos. as Editor, Columnist, Wine Storage Consultant and am currently Wine Director and Buyer for their online wine website, I recently judged in the Finger Lakes International Wine Competition. Follow me on Twitter @WEX_Josh

Wine Enthusiast Magazine, Diversions Magazine

Windows on the World Wine School- completed all courses from beginning to advanced. Former member of the Sommelier Society of NY. Competed in the Food and Wines of France Sommelier Competition. Traveled to wine regions in Europe including, Bordeaux, Rhone Valley, Alsace, Tuscany, Piedmont, Veneto, Rioja, and Jerez. Visited wine regions in NY's Finger Lakes, California's Sonoma, Napa and Central Coast and Oregon's Willamette Valley.