Wine/G.H. Muller 1933 Champagne

I have 2 bottles of G.H. Muller 1933 Champagne and am at a loss of what to do.  I have tried to find information about the company on the internet and come up dry.  Im trying to determine if they are something we should place back in the wine cabinet or just toss out.  My grandmother got them from a New Years party in Washington D.C. when she was young.    Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Megan,

Sorry but I can't find much about this maker either!

But 1933 wasn't a notable vintage so I can't think of any reason why anyone would want to buy such an old Champagne that must be many decades past it's best. Thus I don't think any auction house would accept it and I'm afraid the tip awaits.

David Ling

I have 40 year`s experience tasting, collecting and enjoying wines as an amateur enthusiast. Bordeaux and Port are my particular loves and I regularly buy and sell at auction. I have a good library and frequently participate in on-line discussions. I can only help with valuations, buying or selling if you tell me where you live as there are many variations around the world.

I would not feel confident answering questions on German wines or those of the USA, South Africa or Australia. But please check my prestige rating and browse "Browse Past Answers" at the top of this page to see if I'm the one you want to help on everything else! (PLEASE don't forget to tell me where you are if you want my estimation of value or help buying or selling!)

I also participate regularly on several other discussion groups.