Wine/value of a wine bottle

Question
Hi Tom!  I have a vintage wine bottle from the Last Voyage of R.M.S. Queen Mary 1967. It is by Leoville-Barton STJulien 1959. I has been opened and dumped.  It was nothing but sludge. I would like to know the value of this rare wine bottle.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Terri Ryman
phone:  (Minnesota in the United States)

Answer
Hi Terri
Thanks for your query. Unfortunately most of the value in a bottle such as that is in the actual wine, a 1959 Leoville Barton would be worth something in the region of £300 to £400 i should think.

Usually there is only a small value in the empty bottle, although in this case there might be some enthusiasts/collectors who would be fascinated by the link of the Queen Mary. However you would still need to find such a person. I would estimate, at best the value of the empty bottle at anywhere from £0 to £20. There usually is no value in an empty bottle.

Many thanks
Tom  

Wine

Tom I'Anson