Wine/wine

Question
David: on 8/12/2009 "DYMPNA" wrote you and asked a question regarding he has a case of "VEUVE CLICQUOT PONSARDIN' champagne which has a label on each bottle stating "Windows of the world" 25th anniversary  (1976-2001)
The bottles and I are located in Brooklyn, New York.
I would like to sell this case,how and where do I start?
Thank you.
norm

Answer
Hi Norm,

You probably realise that private sale of alcohol is unlawful in the US so you must offer these for sale via a merchant or auction house - who will use part of their commission to settle the tax liability.

I'd try Morrell's (morrellwineauctions.com/) first as they are a reputable house near you and ask them to suggest an appropriate catalogue valuation as a potential auction entry. (Their figure will depend on the assurances you can give them that this case has been professionally stored under temperature-controlled conditions - or not(!).

An alternative would be to ask the on-line auction house Wine Commune (http://winecommune.com/) to sell it for you but you are close to Morrell's and could presumably avoid transportation costs if they will accept your entry.

David
.

Wine

David Ling