Wine/Constantino Porto

I hope I am not wasting your time with this question. I have an old bottle that reads Constantino  Porto SVP Constantino, LTD fine old brandy. GRAND PRIX NICE 1897 at bottom of bottle. It stands 19" tall to the wood and cork stopper. Should I keep it or toss it. Thanks,Rick

No one ever wastes my time trying to know more about drinks!

Sorry, at first sight I missed the pictures you sent. I see your bottle is empty and that your question refers actually to the empty bottle. I don't think you will make any worthy money with it. The brand is still around and even if the bottle shape and label tell of age, the fact that it is empty, empties its value, no pun intended.

Antonio Rocha Graša

Viticulture issues, enology / winemaking issues. Wine regions of the world, with specialisation in the wines of Portugal, including Port. Tasting and sensory analysis, chemical analysis and the relation between both. Wine industry and wine economics (BUT NOT PRICES OF WINES). Sources of information regarding any aspect of wine. The human element of the wine industry and the integration of all aspects and sciences that concur to make a wine. Terroir.

I have been a winemaker for 20 years. I am also in charge of the R&D department of the largest wine company in Portugal.

Sogrape Vinhos S.A. ADVID (Association for the Development of Viticulture in Douro)

Degree in Enology - UTAD, Vila Real, Portugal