Wine/Marca Verde Chianti 1979 31.5 inches tall

Question
I inherited from my Uncle a Marca Verde 1979 Vintage Chianti wine unopened. The bottle is 31.5 inches tall, green glass. I read on here they were hard to find. My Uncle was an antique dealer just was looking for a value and possibly a buyer.

Yvonne

Answer
Hi Yvonne

These tall bottles were produced, sometimes in the thousands, as merchandising display items for restaurants and retailers who carried the wineries' wines.  The wine inside was never intended to be served or consumed, and it was really very good at all.  

I've seen similar bottles on e-bay for between $15 and $50...but I can't tell you if any of them sold for those prices.  I know that wine collectors and connoisseurs are not interested in these--because of the quality of the wine.  

In fact, most people buy these as display items, or for turning into lamps etc.

Sorry that I can't give you any better news than that.

Paul Wagner  

Wine

Paul Wagner